Appellant's Brief

Thirty-Two

I used to look forward to my early thirties. In my mind, a guy makes it or breaks it during his thirties.

As I graduated from lawschool seven years ago, I was both hopeful and confident that the universe would see things my way. Seven years later, I have traded in smugness for humility, self-importance for self-respect.

At thirty-two, I am now housebroken.

At thirty-two, I have fallen in love three times. First, with a wonderful woman who still calls me by my last name, and then with two snotty-nosed boys who do not even know my first name.

At thirty-two, I have come to realize that legal fees do not grow on trees.

At thirty-two, I am tired.

And although there are times when I have to drag my feet to work, I am still excited about the future. While a bear hug from a four year old would occasionally give me back pains, I feel strong enough to survive another thirty-two years.

At thirty-two, I am tired.

And I have never been happier in my life.

Pleaded by Appellant on Friday, August 25, 2006 @ 9:06 PM with 2 Objections