Appellant's Brief

Purpose, Passion and Profit

The law firm where I work is a full-service firm. It specializes in corporate law, banking, finance, securities and litigation. Straight out of law school, I have been here for six and a half years.

I am going to miss it.

I resigned two weeks ago to accept an in-house position in a company in the retailing business. I am going to head its legal department. The offer was attractive, not only because of the compensation packagae, but also because management has allowed me to retain my own clients.

My friends from law school never found it difficult to leave their employer. This is because their employers have never reciprocated their sense of loyalty and commitment. My boss, on the other hand, has been both a magnanimous mentor and a devoted father to me.

I am going to miss working with him.

Pleaded by Appellant on Monday, April 17, 2006 @ 11:20 AM with 10 Objections